Hello, recent days I have been working with LeanFT and faced some hiccups in installing configuring and setting up for ECLIPS IDE.
LeanFT is plugin for integrated development environments. It supports ECLIPS and MS Visual Studio and ItelliJ.
In this blog, I will quickly discuss about setup for ECLIPS IDE and issues I have faced with step by step instructions.
- First of all we have to down load ECLIPS IDE. As per LeanFT documentation ECLIPS Oxygen 32 bit version is most supported. you can view from the same. Eclips download link
- Now got to micro focus site and download the LeanFT installable.
- In the installation follow the instructions carefully to avoid the issues later.
- The most important instruction is, you have to select the path of the ECLIPS exe folder.
- You might have several ECLIPS installations, but which one you want to use it, carefully keep the same path and use the same ECLIPS exe to see the LeanFT plugin.
- After installation, restart the machine.
- Boom!! now if you open LeanFT menu will appear in ECLIPS. But, unfortuantely we have few more steps to see the LeanFT plugin.
- Download and copy (gson-2.8.1.jar) file to plugins directory in ECLIPS folder, it is mentioned as known sssue in the leanFT instructions manual a, see below. LeanFT KnownIssues
9. Once everything is done, lets open the ECLIPS exe. There is another .exe file gets generated in the ECLIPS directory, see below.
10. Use eclipsec.exe to launch the IDE. You should see below menu in the ECLIPS.
11. You should see leanFT related projects when you click File->New->Project from ECLIPS. See below
12. LeanFT is UFTPro, if you are worked with UFT its like cake walk for automating anytype of project, if you are UFT guy better to start project as Application Model project.
13. In LeanFT, there is run time engine called LFTRuntime, when you start project LFTRuntime will start on port 5095. This is responsible for detection of objects and running the created tests. Lets see how to kick start project as Application Model project and resolving starting hiccups in next section.